Wednesday 3 August 2016

Sushi Samba...

I feel very spoilt that I have been able to visit Sushi Samba, the sushi restaurant on top of the Heron Tower in London. 

The views are second to none and, as a massive sushi fan, the food paralleled it.


With views this good from the lift we could not wait until we reached the 38th floor. Luckily we did not have to wait long, the lift is super speedy (scarily speedy for some, aka my mum).



The decor once your reach the top is airy and bright seeing as the whole restaurant is surrounded by large glass windows. The bar has a little terrace so I definitely recommend visiting when it is warm and having a drink outside.


 As you can see, the great lighting and cool orange booths made us (my sisters and I) a little snaphappy.



The cocktail I got was the "Nina Fresa" which is a vodka cocktail blended with strawberry, grapefruit, guava, rhubarb bitters, lime and sugar.


It was really sweet and almost like a smoothie (scarily moorish, I could've had 10 of these!). Definitely as good as I expected but for £13 was on the pricey side, I suppose you could blame the location for the high price tag!


Here comes the main event I know you have all been waiting for.. the sushi itself of course!

As one usually has to bear in mind when going to sushi restaurants, several orders can come on the same platter so the sushi shown below is two orders of the "Samba London", rolls with crab, tuna, salmon, white fish, prawn, avocado, tempura crunch, rice cracker, Japanese pickles, wasabi mayo, aji panca, soy reduction.

Also on the same platter is one portion of the California Maki.


I have to say I ate most of the Californian Maki as it was probably the best sushi I have ever had (big statement). I would recommend going for this instead of the Sambi London rolls as they are £6 dearer and although seem more exciting from the description, were not as flavourful as the California Maki.


We got some "Poussin teriyaki" or teriyaki chicken to you or me for our side order, it was nice but for the £16.50 price tag a little boring. At the back of the photo above is a side portion of quinoa with peas, yes we did pay over £15 for quinoa and peas.

Dad ordered the "Moqueca Mixta" which was basically a curry with jumbo shrimp, squid, sea bass, mussels, clams, coconut milk, dendĂȘ oil and chimichurri rice. Really tasty from the mouthful I had, it was a staggering £32 though.


You can probably tell I thought quite a lot of the food here was overpriced but I would 100% come back to see these views again! 

Maybe we were too busy taking photos to choose better off the menu or maybe I'll just order a drink at the bar next time but whatever I decide to do I want to come back and bask all afternoon in the sunny, chic space that is Sushi Samba.


No comments:

Post a Comment